A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Yard waste


It's one thing to collect yard waste; it's another to get rid of it.  My town only collects brush once a year, in the summer.  What we're supposed to do with it the rest of the year...I don't know.  They said that I could take a couple bags to the garage by the Department of Public Works, so I dropped a couple of bags off.  I'll swing by this week and try to unload another couple of bags.  I can also try calling the county to see if they have a place to take it.  The other option is to burn it, but I don't particularly care to try to burn the brush in my own yard.  In any event, getting rid of this yard waste is a lot harder than I thought it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment