A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Yardwork


Saturday wound up being a rainy morning, and it rained Sunday late afternoon, so I didn't get as much done this weekend as I'd hoped.  I did manage to rake the front yard and back yard and bag the leaves in the front yard (8 bags worth, as you can see). 

This morning I took 7 of the bags (as many as could fit in my car) to the county's yard waste center.  This evening I bagged three bags of leaves in the backyard and mowed the lawn.  There are still five or so piles of leaves in the back yard, and the trees still have half of their leaves, at least.  I'm far from done with raking for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment