A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Frost Advisory


I took a peek ahead to this weekend's weather today.  It looks likely that we'll see our first frost of the year - and a hard frost at that - on Friday night into Saturday.  Now, if I were a normal gardener, I'd be concerned with picking my vegetables and protecting my plants in advance.  But first of all, I'm not much of a gardener, and secondly, right now I don't have much of a garden, just a bunch of weeds, wildflowers, and grass.  So I won't have to worry about that frost damaging anything important.  And it's a good thing, too, because I'll be out of town this weekend and won't get to see the damage until I get back on Sunday.  With any luck, the frost will make clearing out the rest of the garden easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment