A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Light Snowfall in Freeville


Last night's storm moved just a bit farther north than expected, so we wound up with perhaps a bit more snow than expected.  I measured 0.9" on the snowboard this morning.  I like these dustings of snow better than heavy snows.  It's a lot easier to walk and drive in, and it still makes everything look beautiful.  Maybe I'll get out for a quick walk this afternoon to take some pictures in one of the parks.  (I'm working at home today.)


The stick is plenty tall to mark the snowboard!


I love the look of branches with just a dusting of white snow on them.  Here are a few pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment