A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Last Bit of Leaves


Last Wednesday, I finally took the last six bags of leaves to the county recycling center.  As you can see, I'm not the only one.  My yard isn't completely devoid of leaves, though.  There are still some leaves scattered on the lawn, and there are plenty of fallen leaves under the trees and among the wildflowers.  They'll be left to decompose at their own pace and enrich the soil.  With winter rolling in, I don't see myself making another trip to the recycling center anytime soon, but once the weather turns warm again, I'll clear out some weeds from the garden and wildflower areas, and then have more bags to take. But for now, I don't mind staying warm inside the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment