A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Some New Tools


Though winter is refusing to go away - another 2" or so of snow fell last night - before long, it will start to warm up, and I'll have a lot of work to do in the yard.  And now I have more equipment with which to that work.  My parents got me a couple of gifts for my birthday, including a bucket to wheel around the yard.  My grandfather passed away a couple of months ago, and he's handed down to me some of the tools with which he lovingly tended his own yards and gardens over the years.  This includes some leaf-blowing equipment that will be really helpful next fall, a hose on a cart that he had for decades, a tool that will be great for chopping ice on the sidewalk in winter, a big rake thingy to break up the soil in the garden, a pair of loppers to trim smaller branches, and a long pole with a sharp end - whatever it's called - to take care of higher, longer branches.  As you can tell, I'm not really up to speed on the names of all these things, but I know they'll all come in handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment