A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Midnight Deer


I was late one night last week and I was finally winding down for the night.  I happened to glance out the window to see two deer grazing in the snow-covered grass by the post office.  I've seen them late at night before wandering around downtown Freeville as if they too, are citizens of our little town, but this is the first time I've managed to capture this in action.  I turned off my flash so as not to startle them (and to avoid a big flash in the window), so you can probably just barely make out their silhouettes.  The two deer are standing in the foreground in front of the church, facing away from each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment