A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Picture of the Day: August 21, 2013


The photo above is alongside my shed in Freeville.  Guess who poked his head out a minute later to see if the coast was clear:


Yup, my resident groundhog, Bill.  Well, this might actually be one of Bill's new offspring.  I'm hoping they will soon find homes a little farther from home.  But while you're here, Bill, or Bill Jr....do you have a prediction for next winter's weather?

Apparently, he was avoiding the question.  Here's a one-minute, twelve-second staredown that we had...until I moved and scared him back into his hole.  To make it more interesting, I've condensed it down to 10 seconds:




No comments:

Post a Comment