A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Taking Out the Old Garden Fence


Now that spring is here, it's time to begin preparing for planting season.  The first step is to replace the garden's old chicken wire fence, which was in bad shape when I moved in.  Before I can install a new fence - which I plan to do this weekend - I had to take down the old fence.  First came the posts, then I ripped out the fencing.  In addition to the metal chicken wire, there was a netting that I had to pull out of the ground.  Now, the garden looks strangely naked, and the old fence is piled into a big ball.












1 comment:

  1. Turns out the garden is the perfect place for that. So, between plants being trampled and accidentally dug up the garden is suffering. fences quotes

    ReplyDelete