A blog about a first-time house owner learning to maintain his backyard, and thoughts about nature, science, history, and life.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Clearing Some More Branches


This post is long overdue.  A couple of weeks ago, I continued to clear out fallen branches from the backyard.  It appears to have been several years since the yard has been thoroughly cleaned up, and even then, there are piles of branches in a few places around the yard.  In the photo above and the following three photos, you can see a downed tree that I worked to clean up, removing many of the branches.  (These are "before" photos).




I'm working on framing the walkway by the creek with downed branches:


Here's a pile of branches after I roughly doubled its size:


And here are some "after" photos of the downed tree after I'd stripped the smaller branches off:


The larger branches will require a saw, and I'm saving that job for another time.


Of course, there's still a lot more to clean up: more downed branches and trees, thorny plants, brush.  Here are a few photos of some of the areas that still need some work, sooner or later.







No comments:

Post a Comment